2019 can best be summed up with three letters, w, t, and f. Let’s start 2020 with some inspiring words for the New Year!
There’s no better way to ring in 2020 than via a few best new year quotes like the ones we’ve compiled here. Let these words of wisdom, grace, positivity, and motivation inspire you to have your best year yet.
1. “Cheers to the people who love us, the losers who lost us, and the lucky ones who still get to meet us.”
2. “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” -Auliq Ice
3. “You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” -Charlie Brown
4. “As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.” -Criss Jami
5. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” -Edna
6. “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” -Helen Keller
7. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
8. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” -Alex Morritt
9. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” -Anne Frank
11. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. “Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes next year and forever.” -Neil Gaiman
13. “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” -H. Jackson Browne
14. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” -Vern McLellan
15. “It’s a new dawn/It’s a new day/It’s a new life, for me/And I’m feeling good.” -Nina Simone
16. “Last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.” -T.S. Eliot, ‘Little Gidding’
17. “Try and fill us with your hate and we will shine a light.” -Florence + The Machine
18. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘it will be happier.” -Alfred Lord Tennyson
19. “I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.” -Nick Frederickson
20. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” -Dan Millman
We truly wish you a wonderful New Year, and an incredible start to a new decade. May 2020 be your year to shine!