With millions of us forced to stay at home and salons and barber shops closed, many people have inevitably resorted to cutting their hair themselves at home, or having family members cut it for them, and the results are hilarious.
Lockdown haircuts might be the only funny thing about the current situation, so we are certainly grateful for the laughs they provide to keep our spirits up.
It seems some people should have waited until the shops re-opened, but they couldn’t resist it.
Here are 10 of the best we have came across so far.
1. Apparently since lockdown, divorce cases are on the rise, and we wouldn’t be surprised if lockdown haircuts gone wrong were the reason for a few of them!
— LeAnne Cantrell (@kidsensela) April 6, 2020
2. I think we can see what she was going for, but missed the mark slightly. The fringe is certainly unique though.
Finally went through with the fallout raider haircut I've wanted to give myself from Day 1 of the lockdown pic.twitter.com/wHT3C7605C
— The Pensioner Formerly Known as Trance Meghan (@MegTuten) April 4, 2020
3. He asked for an “old man haircut”. And that’s exactly what he got!
Kid left with this lockdown haircut after asking his 7-yr old brother for “old man” hair. pic.twitter.com/uIKvWynplv
— Give Me Internet (@GiveMeInternet) April 1, 2020
4. There was once a time when this was a fashionable haircut, maybe it’s time it came back…
— Kenny Ken ⭐⭐⭐ (@kennyken699) March 31, 2020
5. They took a risk and it all went horribly wrong.
It’s a good job we’re self isolating, just let Sophie attempt a skin fade and now it looks like I’m about to nuke America pic.twitter.com/AeDjaHMaAb
— Daniel Rundle (@DanielRundle) March 25, 2020
6. A valiant effort – 10/10 for consistency!
— Chelsie Boyack (@chelsieboyack) April 5, 2020
7. It wouldn’t seem so bad if we didn’t know the style she was aiming for.
Made the error of not getting a haircut before lockdown.
This is my last haircut v my mums attempt to replicate it 😂 pic.twitter.com/Y4IQi32nlI
— Liam Kelly (@cfcliamk96) April 6, 2020
8. Apparently it looks great from the front, so maybe he’ll never know how disastrous it looks from behind.
— Frank R Larkin (@FrankRLarkin) March 15, 2020
9. After seeing so many like this i’m starting to get used to it, like it’s totally acceptable.
10. Even the dog couldn’t escape the wrath of the lockdown haircut, but we think he still looks adorable!
Pretzel, I am so sorry.
He’s had his first janky quarantine haircut 🙁 (he was due to go to the dog groomers the day after the lockdown was initiated) pic.twitter.com/kqmO2SBONY
— Jennifer (@jenb_davies) April 5, 2020
Share your favorite lockdown haircuts in the comments!